Part 1 – Hackathon
NASRDA is seeking innovative ideas from Nigerians who can provide space-based technological solutions to problems and challenges facing Nigeria in the following thematic areas:
- Artificial intelligence / Cyber-security
- Disruptive Space Applications
Participants for NASRDA hackathon 2023:
- Must be a Nigerian with a valid means of identification.
- Must have a product or innovative solution that solves specific problems relating to any of the thematic areas listed above.
- Must not be a company representative with a product in the market.
- Must be ready to physically participate in the hackathon program in Abuja throughout the period.
Application and Registration.
The application portal for the NASRDA hackathon 2023 will open from the 13th of March 2023 and will close on the 13th of April,2023. The link to the application will be on the official hackathon website which is nasrdahackathon.tech. The application is open to Nigerians only. Participants can either register their solution as an individual or a group (minimum of two (2) and maximum of three (3) members). All submissions are subject to screening for the final selection of participants.
Accommodation and Transportation.
The NASRDA hackathon team will provide transportation and accommodation for all selected participants during the period of the hackathon.
NASRDA hackathon 2023 will have several invited keynote speakers, who are internationally recognized experts in their areas. Their names are yet to be confirmed but will be announced in due time.
There shall be cash rewards for three winners (first, second and third) for each of the four thematic areas of the Hackathon. The first winners will receive N1, 000,000 (One Million Naira only) each. The second runners up will receive N750, 000 (Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira only) each and the third runners up will receive N500, 000 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira only) each.
Part 2 – Tech Fair
NASRDA is proud to bring together individuals, companies, institutions and agencies who have produced established/market-grade technological solutions, to exhibit and demonstrate their products, prototype, ideas and innovations in a technological fare (Tech Fare) co-located with NASRDA Hackathon 2023.
Tech Fare participants are required to:
- Be an individual, team, companies, institutions, agencies or other legal entities in the country with established, standardized or market grade technological solutions/ products.
- Solutions can be in development stage, prototype level or even already launched solutions that has gained commercial traction.
- Apply for and secure one or more exhibition booths at NASRDA venue during the period of the Tech Fair.
- Register through the NASRDA Hackathon website (https://nasrdahackathon.tech).
- To display posters and banners of their exhibited products in their booths.
- Sponsors and registered participants who have acquired exhibition booths will have the opportunities of advertising their products on the Hackathon Website, Social Media Handles, Program of Events, and the Demonstration hall according to the categories of their sponsorship.
- Selected Sponsors and exhibitors according to their categories will have opportunities of presentations /demonstration of their products to all participants in the event hall.
- Selected outstanding ideas and prototypes that are yet in development stage will be offered mentorship and incubation opportunities towards commercialization.
- Networking opportunities with industry leaders in Nigeria science and technology sector.
Chairman, NASRDA Hackathon Committee,
National Space Research and Development Agency, Obasanjo Space Centre, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua Expressway, Abuja, Nigeria.