THE NATIONAL SPACE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Obasanjo Space Centre, Pyakasa Junction,
Airport Road, Abuja. P.M.B. 437, Garki, Abuja.
In compliance with the
INFRASTRUCTURE CONCESSION REGULATORY COMMISSION (ICRC) ESTABLISHMENT ACT 2005 & NATIONAL POLICY ON PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS (N4P)
PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (PPP) APPROACH FOR RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT OF SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY & EQUIPMENT FOR THE PROVISION OF COST-EFFECTIVE SATELLITE BROADBAND SERVICE TO RURAL NIGERIA
NOTICE FOR REQUEST FOR PREQUALIFICATION (RFQ)
The National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) is desirous of pursuing research in the field of broadband technology that will result in cost-effective satellite system solutions in rural Nigeria through this PPP arrangement. The project was designed as part of the solution towards meeting Nigeria’s aspiration of providing up to 90% of Nigerians with fast, affordable, reliable and high-speed fixed broadband internet at a price not more than N390 per 1GB of data by the year 2025. On completion, the Satellite Broadband Penetration project is expected to significantly increase the fixed-broadband penetration for Nigeria from its current abysmal level of about 0.2%.
- In compliance with the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission Establishment Act (2005) and the National Policy on Public Private Partnerships (N4P), NASRDA submitted an Outline Business Case (OBC) to the ICRC for consideration. ICRC, having assessed and affirmed the bankability of procuring the development of a cost-effective satellite system for the provision of rural broadband services in Nigeria through the PPP arrangement, has issued an OBC Compliance Certificate to enable the NASRDA commence the procurement of a Private Partner for the project.
- Please note that there is a private proponent who had submitted proposal on the project, however in order to ensure transparency, competition and value for money, the project will be procured under a Swiss Challenge Procurement methodology which requires that if the original project proponent is not the most responsive bidder, it will be given the right to match the most responsive bid to win the concession. However, if it is unable to match the most responsive bid, the most responsive bid then wins the Swiss Challenge PPP procurement and becomes the preferred Project Proponent
- In furtherance, therefore, NASRDA hereby invites suitable, competent and reputable firms/consortia to make submissions for prequalification for development of a cost-effective satellite system for the provision of rural broadband services in Nigeria.
- Pre-eligibility Requirements
- Full names of firm/consortia, verifiable office address (s), contact person, postal address, telephone/fax and email address. If a Consortium, the names and contact details of the consortium members;
- Evidence of Company Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) or its equivalent for foreign firms;
- In the case of a consortium, evidence in the form of letter of association or agreement (joint venture agreement and/or Memorandum of Understanding/Memorandum of Agreement).
- Power of Attorney/Board Resolution, in case of a consortium, identifying the lead member of the consortium authorized to submit the RFQ and binding on all the members of the consortium.
- Audited Financial Statements prepared in accordance with theInternational Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) of the bidding company or members of consortium for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 & 2020).
- Tax Clearance Certificates for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 & 2020).
- Sworn affidavit disclosing (i) whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the NASDRA, Federal Ministry of Science and Technology or the ICRC is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder, (ii) that the company is not bankrupt, in receivership or under liquidation or involved in any litigation which can potentially affect the company’s ability to effectively discharge their responsibility if engaged and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Tender Eligibility Criteria
Interested firms and/or consortium of firms may submit their Qualification Statements in response to this RFQ, wherein firms and/or Consortia will be shortlisted for issuance of a detailed Request for Proposal. Details of the project, application submission process and requirements can be downloaded from: www.nasrda.gov.ng/satpen_ppp/ (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD DETAILED DOCUMENT)
- Detailed Company/Consortium profile:
i) Composition and profile of management team showing qualification and years of experience in Geo-satellite broadband project development and service provisioning with inbuilt financing and capital recovery arrangement in the satellite communications sector.
ii) The ownership structure of Company; name (s) of major shareholders and percentage of their shareholding of participants in the bidding entity.
- Experience of undertaking similar projects illustrated by the following:
In order to be prequalified for consideration as a prospective PPP Partner for the project, the prospective firms/consortia must:
i) Be an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), or the Nigerian authorized representative of the OEM, supplier and/or seller, of Geo-satellite broadband communications ground-equipment systems (Baseband Hub, Teleport, VSATs, etc.), with capacity and track record of deployment, installation, and provision of related services and after sales support.
ii) Specific track record and details of technical capacity in Geo-satellite communication and Internet Service Provision project development with inbuilt financing and capital recovery arrangement in satellite communication sector.
- Evidence of financial capacity, in support of the company or consortium’s ability to undertake the Project with the sponsor, NASRDA illustrated by:
Evidence of adequate financial resources to finance investment: interested applicants must have:
i) Turnover of at least Naira 5,000,000,000 (Five Billion Naira) per annum.
ii) Minimum net worth of at least Naira 2,000,000,000 (Two Billion Naira) or its equivalent as shareholders equity contribution.
Method of Submission
Request for Qualification must be submitted in six (6) hard copies (one (1) original and five (5) copies) and one (1) soft copy (in a readable CD) in a sealed envelope clearly marked REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION THE DEVELOPMENT OF COST-EFFECTIVE SATELLITE BROADBAND SERVICE TO RURAL NIGERIA in a sealed and signed envelope clearly marked “Name of Company/Consortium” and Project Title and submitted not later than 12.00pm on 19 , August 2021 for the attention of:
The Director General,
The National Space Research and Development Agency,
Obasanjo Space Centre
Umaru Musa Yar’adua Expressway, Lugbe, Abuja.
Boroffice Multipurpose Hall, Ground floor, main hall, Attn;
Engr Olabode Ogundipe, 08024969069, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective bidders and interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above between 9.00am and 4.pm, Mondays through Fridays (except on public holidays), or through the following contact details: Name: Engr Olabode Ogundipe Phone: 08024969069 and email: email@example.com
Interested firms/consortia are kindly requested to note that:
- Interested international parties are encouraged to partner with local firms in compliance with the requirements of the Federal Government of Nigeria local content development policy.
- Late submissions will be rejected.
- Submissions via courier will be accepted only if delivered within the submission time shown above.
- Submission of RFQs through electronic media will not be considered.
- Only short-listed Consortium/Firms will be contacted.
- Submission of RFQs shall be in English language only.
- NASRDA reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made in the documents submitted by the companies
- This notice shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of the NASRDA to award any form of contracts to any respondent(s) nor shall it entitle any organization submitting document to claim any Indemnity from NASRDA.
THE DIRECTOR GENERAL