The procurement department is one of the departments of the Agency that is under the DG’s office. It is responsible for the implementation of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 as far as the activities of the Agency are concerned. The unit is headed by a Directot who reports directly to the Director General.
The main objectives of the procurement department are to comply with the public procurement Act 2007 and liaise with the Bureau of public procurement on behalf of the agency regarding all procurement matters.
The procurement department is made up of:
- Capital Procurement
- Recurrent Procurement
The functions of the department are to:
- Coordinate and ensure due process in the Procurement of goods, works and services that form the capital component of the budget in the Agency;
- Coordinate market survey and maintain of a periodic updated price database;
- Ensure adherence to all extant Public Sector Procurement procedures and regulations;
- Maintain a register of suppliers/Contractors for the Commission;
- Laise with the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) for issuance of Due Process ‘No Objection’ where applicable; and
- Implement the overhead components of the budget of the Agency.