THE NATIONAL SPACE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Obasanjo Space Centre, Pyakasa Junction, Airport Road, Abuja. P.M.B. 437, Garki, Abuja.
In compliance with the: INFRASTRUCTURE CONCESSION REGULATORY COMMISSION (ICRC) ESTABLISHMENT ACT 2005 & NATIONAL POLICY ON PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS (N4P)
PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (PPP) TO EQUIP, MAINTAIN, OPERATE AND MARKET PLANETARIUM & MUSEUM
NOTICE FOR REQUEST FOR PREQUALIFICATION (RFQ)
- Introduction: The National Space Research and Development Agency (NASDRA) is desirous of Equipping, Operating and Marketing the Planetarium and the Museum under a Public Private Partnership through the PPP arrangement. The project was designed to finance, equip, maintain and operate a cost effective Planetarium and the Museum for the National Space Research and Development Agency, which shall increase the capacity of the NASRDA to provide tourist attraction and space education to the public whilst also generating earnings through a private investor under a CONCESSION agreement and in the process create additional sources of revenue for the Agency. On completion, the Planetarium and Museum project which will be the very first such government owned in Nigeria is expected to increase the tourism and revenue generation capacity of the Agency while providing much needed assistance to researchers in the field of Space Science and Technology.
- In compliance with the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission Establishment Act (2005) and the National Policy on Public Private Partnerships (N4P), NASRDA submitted an Outline Business Case (OBC) to the ICRC for consideration. ICRC, having assessed and affirmed the bankability of Equipping, Maintaining and Operating of Planetarium and Museum through the PPP arrangement, has issued an OBC Compliance Certificate to enable the NASRDA commence the procurement of a Private Partner for the
- Please note that there is a private proponent who had submitted a proposal on the project. However, in order to ensure transparency, competition and value for money, the project will be procured under a Swiss Challenge Procurement methodology which requires that if the original project proponent is not the most responsive bidder, it will be given the right to match the most responsive bid to win the concession. However, if the project proponent is unable to match the most responsive bid, the most responsive bid then wins the Swiss Challenge PPP procurement and becomes the preferred Bidder.
- In furtherance, therefore, NASRDA hereby invites suitable, competent and reputable firms/consortia to make submissions for prequalification for Equipping, Maintaining, Operating and Marketing of Planetarium and Museum
- Pre-eligibility Requirements
- Full names of firm/consortia, verifiable office address (s), contact person, postal address, telephone/fax and email If a Consortium, the names and contact details of the consortium members should be included;
- Evidence of Company Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) or its equivalent for foreign firms;
- In the case of a consortium, evidence in the form of letter of association or agreement (joint venture agreement and/or Memorandum of Understanding/Memorandum of Agreement).
- Power of Attorney/Board Resolution, in case of a consortium, identifying the lead member of the consortium authorized to submit the RFQ and binding on all the members of the
- Audited Financial Statements prepared in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) of the bidding company or members of consortium for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 & 2020).
- Tax Clearance Certificates for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 & 2020).
- Sworn affidavit disclosing:
- whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the NASDRA, Federal Ministry of Science and Technology or the ICRC is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder,
- that the company is not bankrupt, in receivership or under liquidation or involved in any litigation which can potentially affect the company’s ability to effectively discharge their responsibility if engaged and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
6. Tender Eligibility Criteria
Interested firms and/or consortium of firms may submit their Qualification Statements in response to this RFQ, wherein firms and/or Consortia will be pre- qualified for issuance of a detailed Request for Proposal. Details of the project, application submission process and requirements can be downloaded from: www.nasrda.gov.ng
- Detailed Company/Consortium profile:
- Composition and profile of management team showing qualification and years of experience in Equipping, Maintaining and Operating of Planetarium and
- The ownership structure of Company; name(s) of major shareholders and percentage of their shareholding of participants in the bidding entity.
- Experience of undertaking similar projects illustrated by the following:
In order to be prequalified for consideration as a prospective PPP Partner for the project, the prospective firms/consortia must:
- Detailed Company/Consortium profile:
- Show similar project that has been executed in the past five (5)years.
- Specific track record and details of technical capacity Equipping, Maintaining and Operating of Planetarium and Museum.
- Submit verifiable evidence of financing and executing a major Equipping, Maintaining and Operating of Planetarium and Museum project to the tune of N5,000,000,000 (Five Billion Naira), with inbuilt financing and capital recovery arrangement.
- Evidence of financial capacity, in support of the company or consortium’s ability to undertake the Project with the sponsor, NASRDA illustrated by:
Evidence of adequate financial resources to finance investment: interested applicants must have:
- Turnover of at least Naira 3,000,000,000 (Three Billion Naira) per
- Minimumnet worth of at least Naira 2,000,000,000 (Two Billion Naira) or its equivalent as shareholders equity contribution.
Method of Submission
Request for Pre-Qualification must be submitted in six (6) hard copies (one (1) original and five (5) copies) and one (1) soft copy (in a readable CD) in a sealed envelope clearly marked REQUEST FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR EQUIPPING, MAINTAINING AND OPERATING OF PLANETARIUM AND MUSEUM in a sealed and signed envelope clearly marked “Name of Company/Consortium” and Project Title and addressed to:
Attn; Engr Olabode Ogundipe
The Director General,
The National Space Research and Development Agency, Obasanjo Space Centre
Umaru Musa Yar’adua Expressway, Lugbe, Abuja. Email: email@example.com
Bids are to be submitted not later than 12.00pm on 22 September, 2021 by depositing same in a box at:
Boroffice Multipurpose Hall, Ground floor, main hall,
The National Space Research and Development Agency, Obasanjo Space Centre, Umaru Musa Yar’adua Expressway, Lugbe, Abuja.
Prospective bidders and interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above between 9.00am and 4.pm, Mondays through Fridays (except on public holidays), or through the following contact details: Name: Engr Olabode Ogundipe Phone: 08024969069 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested firms/consortia are kindly requested to note that:
- Interested international parties are encouraged to partner with local firms in compliance with the requirements of the Federal Government of Nigeria local content development policy.
- Late submissions will be rejected.
- Submissions via courier will be accepted only if delivered within the submission time shown
- Submission of RFQs through electronic media will not be
- Only Pre-Qualified Consortium/Firms will be
- Submission of RFQs shall be in English language
- NASRDA reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made in the documents submitted by the companies
- This notice shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of the NASRDA to award any form of contracts to any respondent(s) nor shall it entitle any organization submitting document to claim any Indemnity from
SIGNED: THE DIRECTOR GENERAL, NASRDA